Live and Learn: A Must Read

Labels: , , ,

Being a completely addicted bibliophile, very rarely can I walk into a book store and leave with ONLY the book I went in to buy.

On my last shopping trip I found this little beauty in the bargain pile, though I can't for the life of me understand why!


The Complete Live and Learn and Pass It On, by H. Jackson Brown, JR.

Written and Compiled by H. Jackson Brown, J.R., this book contains life lessons from people of every age.  Here are a few of my many favorites,

"I've learned that you'll never see a U-Haul trailer behind a hearse." - Age 59

 

"I've learned that if you throw ten socks in the laundry, only nine will come out." - Age 27

 

"I've learned that little boys cannot move about the house without making car sounds." - Age 36

 

"I've learned that a woman who can potty-rain triplets can do anythng." - Age 29

 

"I've learned that there should be an Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not whine." - Age 62


H. Jackson Brown is amazing and has written many great books containing simple daily reminders of life lessons.  Remarking on his books, Jackson has said,

"Most of us know what we need to do to make our lives more fulfilled and useful, but sometimes we forget. My little books are gentle reminders of those simple things which, if done well and in a spirit of love, can significantly change our lives."

Well ain't that the truth!

What little life lessons have you learned so far?







0 comments:

Post a Comment